Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Posted this already, but it didn't take. Hope it does this time. Remember, 18 and 17 were posted earlier, so don't miss them!!


CHAPTER 19 ~ ASSASSINATION

AIDEN

By the next day the whole city was a buzz of activity and excitement. It wasn’t too difficult to learn that the Princess Brysa’s betrothal to the Wild Men’s Prince Jaquin was to be finalized the following evening. It was to be the largest event in the history of the city, or so some of the more elite stated. My guess was that they simply said that because they were allowed to attend. But whatever their reasons, the city hummed with preparations for the big festivity.

Cormac’s house was also affected. While the house itself was kept out of all merriment, the occupants inside seemed to be preparing. All three had left the house and made their way to the market almost immediately the female spit off from them for parts unknown. I probably should have tailed her at least once, but she didn’t appear to be a threat, though the men seemed to think she could take care of herself. The Hunter cast her an interesting look once or twice, but the female didn’t seem to notice. I didn’t know if the knowledge would come in handy later or not, but I stored it in my memory just in case. It might be possible to use her against him, although I already had Kristalyn for that and I seriously did not want to deal with any more females.

The Hunter and Jaedon continued to the market, where they entered the tailor’s shop. I stepped to the side of the shop, just outside of view if anyone should look out and listened causally to the conversation inside.

“This will do, Driuh,” Tancred stated.

“Thank you, Cormac. I assure you it will look wonderful at the Princess’ betrothal ceremony,” the tailor replied quickly, obviously eager to please.

“Yes, well that is what is important.” Tancred said the words, but his tone suggested he didn’t really believe that. “You can pay him, Jaedon.”

There was the sound of money being moved around and in a few moments Cormac and the tailor and exchanged goodbyes. Quickly, I moved into the nearby alley and turned to face the wall. I didn’t want the Hunter to feel extra eyes on him. Kristalyn had chosen to take up a position across the road and so she was already out of the way. When the two had passed by and were a safe distance away, I came back to the street and looked to Kristalyn, who smiled at me and moved her head after the Hunter. She wanted to know if we were following, but I shook my head no. I had the information I needed. Now, I just had to convince Kristalyn.

I would attack the Hunter on his trip back from the party. Appeartly, the female would not be in attendance, since she didn’t require new clothing, which meant there would only be the two men to deal with. With any luck, he would be distracted when he left and not have his full guard up. All I would need was one moment and a long range attack with a well aimed knife would silence him forever.

All I had to do was get Kristalyn out of the way. That was by far easier to say in my mind than actually do. She was the most stubborn female I had ever met and that included all of my sisters. Slowly a plan formed in my brain.

If I could convince her I was going into the house tomorrow night, she would try to follow me there. I could lock her at least momentarily in her room, if I planned it right, and when she got out she would head straight for the house. It would have to be timed perfectly, but with enough luck it would all be over by tomorrow night and I would be free.

***

KRISTALYN

He had come up with a plan. I could see it in his eyes. It was the same look Tancred got when he received a mission and knew he had to carry it out. Tancred. It had been so good to see him over the last few days. He looked stressed, but healthy. The city was taking its toll on him. It was easy to tell that he had given his all and needed a rest. I wondered why he was still here. I could think of only two reasons. One was that he didn’t have the exact information he needed. He wouldn’t leave until he felt his mission was totally complete. The second reason was much worse. One was that he was under suspicion. If that was true.… I felt myself shudder at the thought. Our father had died in this city while on a mission I couldn’t let the same happen to my brother. I wouldn’t.

Yet, it seemed I was intent on helping the one person in the city who knew for a fact that Cormac Alstair was really the legendary Hunter, Tancred Rayln. Although, he didn’t know Tray’s last name, now that I thought about it, but that hardly mattered. He knew enough to get Tray killed and now it seemed he had a plan for how he wanted to do it. I would have to warn Tancred and soon.

We entered the Red Thornbush and our usual girl waited on us. Once again, she totally ignored me, while batting her eyelashes at Aiden and cooingly asked if he wanted his regular or if he wanted to add a little spice. I wanted to gag. The woman was a total hussy and Aiden didn’t seem to feel any need to tell her to scat. Instead, he laughed and said he’d check on the spice later and ordered his usual.

“I’ll take my usual too,” I finally spoke up, wanting to throttle the wench.

She looked at me as if seeing me for the first time in her life. “What is your usual?”

Aiden smothered a grin, but his eyes danced with amusement as I replied through clenched teeth, “The smoked chicken with a side of potatoes and long green beans.”

“Oh,” she replied, looking slightly dazed. Then she recovered and turned back to Aiden. She laid a finger on his arm, and let it trail down it as she said, “Be right back with your food, handsome.”

If I could have sucked her eyes out of there sockets, I would have. Aiden didn’t seem to care either way. He just nodded his consent and then took a long drink of his ale.

“Jealous yet?” He asked causally, when he put down his cup.

“What?” I asked, totally distracted.

He gave a small snort. “I’m going to take that as a yes.”

“I do recall telling you that women would pay not to be with you. I should revise that to smart women.”

“I’m guessing you think your in that category,” he replied, amused.

“What is your plan? I know you have one,” I said instead, having had quite enough of the current subject.

He raised an eyebrow at me, obviously not fooled by my tactic, but at this point I could care less.

“You are going to stay in your room tomorrow so you won’t get in trouble,” he stopped when I laughed.

“Come now, you already know that won’t be happening.”

“And so I should trust you with my plans? That’s not happening, Kristalyn.”

Sure, now he remembers what my name is. “I’m coming along no matter what.”

“No, you’re not. I don’t want you anywhere near that house,” he said steadily.

He’d slipped. “The house? So, are you reconing it or planning on trying to kill him tomorrow?”

He shot me a look of frustration. Finally, he admitted, “I’m planning on reconing. I should have plenty of time while they are at the betrothal ceremony and I can figure out the best plan of attack that way. And I don’t want you warning the Hunter.”

“Now, what makes you think I would do that?” I asked, innocently.

He shot me a look, but said nothing. “This little partnership you think we have going ends tonight, Kristalyn.”

I shook my head no. “Oh, this ‘little partnership’ as you call it is just getting started.”

I wasn’t letting him out of my sight. If he was just doing a recon that was fine, but I harbored no illusions. If I wanted to keep my brother safe, I had to make sure I stuck with the warrior. I wasn’t letting him out of my sight.

***

I was totally frustrated. Aiden hadn’t gone around the house at all. He had spent half of the day doing meaningless tasks. Around lunch, he had exited the city to pay a much needed visit to Maglynar. I was thrilled to see Kuroiden, but I wanted to get on with whatever was going to happen that night. After Maglynar was once again content and I said goodbye to Kuroiden, we returned to the city. When we got back, Aiden ordered his early meal sent up to his room. He even had the nerve to ask that the wench bring it up herself. Her grin covered half her face. I knew he did it only to try to upset me. But I wasn’t upset at all. Why would I be? If he wanted to waste his time with a tramp who had no self respect or control, what did that mean to me? After all, I could care less what he did with his personal life. I just needed to keep him from hurting my brother.

Aiden grinned at me, before closing his door. I stuck my tongue out at it and then slammed my own door. The move was juvenile, but it made me feel slightly better. I flopped down on my bed, narrowly missing Egan, who gave me a very long reproachful look. I ignored him. Why was I letting this bother me anyway? It shouldn’t matter to me what Aiden did at all, unless it concerned the Hunter. But for some reason, I had started to let things like this get to me. I wasn’t sure exactly what it meant, but I knew for a fact I didn’t like it and couldn’t let it continue.

Egan stretched and clacked at me questioningly.

“I’m fine, Egan. I just wish I knew better what Aiden was planning for tonight.”

Worried?

“Yeah, I’m worried. Something is off, but I don’t know what and Aiden is just plain acting strange.”

Acting? Egan gave me a long suffering look.

“No, he is normally not strange. Knock it off Egan.”

Affected.

“Affected? He’s not effecting me. I need to understand him if I’m going to stop him.”

Egan let out a very loud snort.

I sighed. “You wouldn’t understand anyway. You hate him.”

Good reason.

“Yeah, maybe you do have a good reason. But I think Deus wants us to help him with something, Egan. He is in a lot of pain.”

Egan got a small grin on his face and turned around to lie down again.

“Oh, that’s helpful, Egan. Your answer is let him wallow in pain. That’s low even for you. Even if he does deserve some of it,” I muttered as an after thought.

Suddenly, I frowned. I had been in the room for a while now and I couldn’t remember the last time I had heard movement from next door. Tray and Jaedon would be leaving for the banquet soon. We should be getting to the house before they left. Where was Aiden?

Quickly, I stepped to the door. The handle refused to turn. I frowned and tried again. It was locked or jammed. Aiden had locked me into the room.

“Egan!”

The pseudo-dragon leapt up immediately.

“Aiden locked me in!” I swung around to the dragon. “He’s not casing the house. Egan, he’s gone to kill Tray! I have to get out of here!”

The dragon leapt from the bed and hovered in the air for a moment. He looked at the door as if deciding what to do. It seemed to take him forever and my mind was whitewashed with cold fear as I fought blindly to remove the harsh panic that threatened to overwhelm me. Tancred was in trouble, big trouble and I was trapped in my room. Egan decided to act, just as I felt the icy fear wash from my body and replaced with hard resolve. Instinct had taken over. My job was not to be afraid, but to get out and help my brother.

Egan headed for the door and used his tail inside the lock. He worked for only a moment before I called him off. He wasn’t going to be able to get through like that.

“Egan, let me,” I stated calmly. I pulled a small dagger from my hip and inserted into the key lock. I worked until I heard a faint click. The action took only moments, but it felt like ages. Leaving the dagger there, I motioned for Egan to bring me my spare knife. The dragon nosed my bag around for only a moment before his delicate snout was able to pick out the dagger. I used it to slide between the door and the frame. Working the two knifes together, as Tray had taught me long ago, I managed to release the lock and the door swung open.

In the hallway, the wench from earlier was outside Aiden’s room.

“Is he there?” I asked brusquely.

She turned to look at me. Her face changed slowly from confusion to haughtiness as she answered, “He’s moved to a more comfortable location. A private one.”

I didn’t have time for her pettiness. Aiden must have slighted her rather badly for her to make up such a ridicules lie. That meant he had really gone. Quickly I turned back into my room.

“He’s gone, Egan. He must be on the way to the house. He’s planning on killing Tray tonight. I have to get to that house.”

Do?

“I have no idea. But I will stop him somehow. If I do not come back by daybreak get out of the city and head for the camp. The window is open for you. Make sure Kuroiden understands what is happening. Tray was compromised in Ruma and the Wild Men are joining forces with Elangsia. Got it?”

Egan clicked angrily, but finally nodded his head.

“I’ll be fine. Just don’t let me down, my friend.” The whole time I had been talking I had been packing the last few items I needed into my emergency bag. I didn’t know what was in store and I needed to be prepared. Finally, I lifted my dark green cloak over my shoulders and slipped back out the door.

I moved on instinct. Ages of training my body for just such circumstances took over and I reacted as if I knew exactly what to do. Within minutes I was out of the tavern and down the block on my way to Tancred’s house. I was going to save my brother even if it cost me my own life. Hopefully, it wouldn’t come to that or Tray would never forgive me.

***

I traveled to Cormac’s house almost without any thought. It was as if my body acted completely separate from my mind. It was instinct and adrenaline and right now the two might just save my brother’s life. Perhaps that is why I found myself in the alleyway where Aiden and I usually watched the house from. Aiden wasn’t there.

I exhaled in total frustration. Where was he? Had he already made it into the house? There were still lights on inside, but no movement. Had Tray and Jaedon already left or where they still inside? But the major question was Aiden’s whereabouts.

Carefully, I backed up and looked around the area. Our footprints littered the ground, and it was impossible to distinguish most of them. I frowned and moved forward and looked at the ground again. Slowly, I bent down and fingered a boot print. It was Aiden’s and it was fresher. He must have been here earlier, but by how much? And where did he go? Into the house or down the street? I needed to know.

I could feel myself getting worked up and consciously took a deep breath. Crouching down, I let myself breath in, count to seven, then breath out, and count to seven again. I had to stay focused and panic was definitely not going to help with that. Finding Tray with all speed available was a must, but I would need a clue as to what Aiden’s objective was first. Something about the situation didn’t sit right. I settled down to watch the house as I thought.

Aiden had said that he was planning on looking at the house tonight to find the best way to attack. The house would be quiet while they were at the ceremony. But I knew that was a lie. So, I only had two options. One was that Aiden had snuck into the house and was lying in wait there. The second was that he had followed Tray to the betrothal ceremony and was going to attempt to kill him there. There would be more witnesses there though, but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t try it. The house was more likely, but would he wait that long? There was the girl in the house to consider too.

Who was she? Tray would never allow a female to enter the city with him. He was terrified that something would happen to my mother and I if we came. Could it be a girl he had rescued? But then, why not send her away? She seemed to travel the city freely and a lose cannon like that could compromise his mission, not to mention his cover. What exactly did she mean to him?

I realized with a start I was jealous. Whoever this girl was, she was getting to spend time with my brother, who I hadn’t been able to really see in months. We kept missing each other at the camp and our travels never seemed to be in the same direction anymore. It wasn’t fair that she got to spend time with him when I didn’t.

The object of my thoughts appeared in the open doorway effectively cutting my jealous spat. She wore a dove gray cloak that fell to her knees. I watched as she looked around suspiciously and then exited the house closing the door firmly behind her. Her hood effectively shadowed her face, so I couldn’t really see any of her features, but she appeared to be grim and determined. What was the mystery girl up too?

Swiftly, she descended the steps and set off in the direction of the wealthy section. It was possible she was going to catch up to Tray and Jaedon, however she didn’t seem to be dressed for a party. Where could she be going with such determination and would she lead me to Tancred? Right now, she was the closest link I had to finding my brother’s whereabouts. My only problem in following her was that I still didn’t know if Aiden was waiting to get into the house. If I moved fast, I might be able to find that out without losing her.

Quickly, I crossed the street and locked around the house. I snuck into the small shack and disturbed the horses resting there. Jaedon’s horse barely rose from his sleep, but Chale, Tray’s beloved horse, whinnied at my approach. I smiled. It was a greeting from an old friend.

“Hey, boy. It’s good to see you too. Are you taking good care of Tray? Of course you are,” I answered my own question.

In the stall next to Chale was a large brown horse I didn’t recognize. He snorted at my approach and seemed unhappy to see a stranger.

“Whoa there, Big Fellow. You must belong to the girl. How does she handle a big boy like you?” I asked, but didn’t move any closer.

Aiden hadn’t been in here. The animals were too calm. By the time I moved back to the front of the house, the girl was almost completely out of site. I took off at a fast pace to catch up and only slowed when I was just out of her hearing range.

Aiden hadn’t tried to gain entrance into the house. He would have left some sign and there had been none. I wasn’t even sure he had crossed the street, which could only mean that he had lain in wait for Tray and Jaedon and then followed them to the banquet. He had lied to me from the beginning. Not that I should be surprised. After all, I wouldn’t have told me the truth either. Still, it meant that Tray was in deep trouble now and he had no warning it was on the way.

If this girl didn’t lead me to him, I wasn’t sure what I was going to do. It would take me hors to search out all the hiding places from here to the palace and there was no possible way I could find them. Not to mention that my brother could have taken an infinite number of routes. Aiden wouldn’t attempt to kill him in a public way, that wasn’t his style. He would wait until Tray was off guard and more secluded.

The city was filled with well wishers for Princess Brysa and their joyful comments as well as their doubts over the marriage could be heard on everyone’s lips. No one like the thought of the Princess being whisked away to the north, however, they seemed to be willing to overlook it for the merriment of the night. Dancers, fire spinners, gaily clad men, women, and children were all out crowding the streets and enjoying the festivities. The crowd was so thick I thought for sure I had lost the mystery girl. It was a mere stroke of luck, or perhaps Godly providence, that a drunk laid possession to her arm and stalled her. Her rather short conversation with him drew a few on lookers and I managed to catch up just in time.

“Dance with the swine. You smell like one,” she stated with disgust.

She could handle herself. She marched away and finally slipped away from the majority of the crowd. I hoped that meant we were getting closer to Tray. A few minutes later though, she had slipped up close to a house and hidden herself in the bushes. What was she up too?

It seemed she had settled in to wait. I growled in frustration as I did the same across the street. Whose house was it and why was she waiting? I needed to get to Tray and Aiden and neither was here. Patience was not a virtue I valued very highly.

It was dark by the time I saw her move. The moon behind the clouds made it almost impossible. Carefully, she made a move to the window. That’s when I saw him. I held my breath as he reached up and grabbed her roughly just before she could hoist herself inside. He was a soldier and a mean one at that. What did he want with her? He was being far too rough, though she was putting up a good fight.

Snatches of his voice carried to me, though I could hear none of hers.

“wasn’t right… Cormac Alstair…it was you…pleasure in subduing you…female spy…”

A female spy? She was being accused of spying in place of Tancred. Apparently, she wasn’t going to take that without a fight. I caught a gleam of the dagger in her hand only a second before she attempted to use it on him. I moved automatically, but by the time I was across the street, it was obvious she had lost. I could do nothing, but get myself caught. I ducked behind a set of bushes and clenched my fist angrily. No one deserved to be treated like that. Her cry of pain tore at my heart as the solider gouged her own dagger into her shoulder. She tried to react, but he slammed his large fist into her jaw and I watched as she slowly dropped to the ground.

Every inch of my body screamed to help her, but I didn’t know how. Whatever move I could make would only cause him to hurt her worse, before I could get her away. I looked down to find an arrow already in my hands. I could shoot him, however, I’d have to kill him in order to get her away. Still, it would be worth it if she survived the encounter.

Slowly I raised my bow when I felt the command to stop.

Excuse me? What is it, Abba? I need to help her.

Stay your hand, Child. She is in mine.

My fingers tightened around my arrow, but I lowered it to my lap. Yes, Abba, but I don’t like this. She’s in pain.

Simply follow, Little One.

Yes, Abba. I answered. I stowed my bow and arrow and waited. He bound the girl’s hands and then hefted her up and walked towards the palace. I wasn’t sure if Dues had meant for me to follow his command or follow the man and girl, but I decided to do both. It would seem Dues was directing my steps now. I simply had to follow.

Sometime during the walk towards the palace the girl had regained consciousness, though how she did when she was so hurt I couldn’t imagine. The guard seemed to think that was funny though, because he immediately dropped her to the ground and begin to half drag her as she stumbled behind him. I could feel the raw fury in my throat. Where all of King Brastus’ men so hard and cruel? Perhaps this place was such like in the passage of the Holy Book that _______ our priest friend from home had once read. It was burned with fire and brim stone because of the wickedness. Would Dues do such a mighty act again? Then Ricald, Bractus, and this soldier would all pay. They all deserved it.

The palace was in view now. I couldn’t follow inside, so I began to scan around for a suitable place to hide. I wanted to know what would happen to the girl next. I also needed to find Aiden. I doubted he would make an actual attempt inside the castle. The thought of tray dying in the same place as our father sent a wash of icy fear through me. I took a deep breath and steadied myself. Aiden wasn’t that stupid. It was a possibility he was hiding along the route back to Cormac’s house, but he would have to be absolutely sure that was the route Tray would take back. I doubted he doubted he believed the Hunter would take the same route twice.

I slid up to a building and stood for a minute, utterly confused. Where had these rational thoughts come from? I had been totally focused on the girl and even though I hadn’t forgotten about Aiden he hadn’t been the first thing on my mind either. I hadn’t been able to figure out a way to follow him earlier, nor had I figured out to search around the castle. So, why think of it now?

I didn’t have a reason. Only that Deus was guiding my thoughts as much as my steps. If I trusted Deus, my brother and Aiden would be close by. More importantly, I wasn’t too late.

The soldier and his prisoner reached the main gate and melted into the shadow beyond it. I took a step away from the wall as they did so, but instead of watching them I scanned the shadows of the buildings all around. Many of the corners still had brightly lit torches, despite the late hour. Though most people had left, the merriment had obviously been heavy around the castle entrance. The streets were littered with brightly colored streams of ribbon, handkerchiefs, ladies lace, and the drunks to drunk to move and pickpockets to busy to leave. A strange shadow appeared at the corner of one of the further back buildings and just as quickly disappeared.

I frowned. It had come out when there had been activity at the gate. Was Aiden watching? It was a good spot to observe from, but if I was wrong I would lose valuable time. I still didn’t know what was happening with the girl and I had yet to spot Tray.

“Deus, please guide me. You said the girl was yours. Keep her safe under your wing. I’ll trust her to You. Abba, I need to find Aiden. Do I risk going after the shadow? Was that him?”

Forcing a calm I didn’t exactly feel, I waited for the answer. Slowly the calm became a peace that wasn’t from me. I smiled.

“Thank you, Abba.”

Quickly, I slipped back the way I had come and then down the closest alleyway. I couldn’t head straight for Aiden, his view of the gate was too perfect. He would see me coming and sneak away. My only choice was to come up from behind him. To do that, I had to make a box shaped around his position. It took longer, but it would get me closer to him without being detected.

As I moved I tried to form a plan. I really only had two options. One was to take Aiden down before he had the chance to attack and the second was to distract him when he actually made the attempt. The second would be trickier and require perfect timing. Those facts made the first option seem better, however, in order to stop him from attacking at all tonight I would have to really hurt him. Something in the pit of my stomach rebelled at that thought. Under no circumstances would I allow him to hurt Tray, however, I didn’t relish the thought of putting a second arrow into Aiden either. I should want to kill Aiden for even thinking of hurting my brother, but as usually my thoughts on the subject were a total tangle. It was no wonder I rarely let myself wander to that subject.

I was approaching his position and I still didn’t have a plan. All I knew for sure, was that I was hurting Aiden only if I had absolutely no choice. But then, I had decided that long ago. I was close now. Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice. Tray was walking down the street. I couldn’t make out his voice, but his tone told me he was highly upset and furious. He must have seen the girl. The shadow I had been watching moved immediately to follow. I was right, it was Aiden. Now, I had to make my decision.

***

AIDEN

I watched my prey pass by my position and smiled. Perfect. Something in the castle had highly upset him. He was distracted and furious. His strides were long and purposeful, but heavy and his breathing was ragged. Outside the castle had been merriment, but it had died down long ago. Whatever was going on inside, was confined there now. It didn’t really matter why my prey was upset. The more distracted, the easier the kill would be.

I stood and turned down a different street to keep them in view. In a short time I would take cut across to get ahead of them, but for now this was fine. I was pretty sure I knew the route they would take, but I didn’t need any surprises. Soon it would be over and my prey would be dead. The kill should take only a moment.

Prey, kill… I had flipped into my assassin’s mindset sometime over the last few hours. The man I hunted was no longer the Hunter, and no longer had any connection to the girl who had been traveling with me. In my mind, she didn’t even have a name anymore. Everything not vital to this kill had been lost to me only the prey and the dagger at my wrist remained. It would taste blood tonight and I wanted that blood to be human red.

The street were quiet now, all merrymaking gone, though litter was still everywhere. It was good for me. The quite would cause fewer distractions for me and my prey obviously needed nothing else to distract him. His mind was somewhere different entirely. I almost wanted to laugh. All this time, I had waited in the shadows and now he was walking into my trap making things so easy. I couldn’t have planned it better. The joy of the hunt was almost intoxicating.

The two men turned down another street in the middle class section and began to move slightly faster. It was almost time for the kill. They had taken the route I predicted and I quickly cut across to get in front of them. I was now on their left side and a few streets in front of them. I had only to wait. I breathed deeply as I slid my favorite dagger smoothly from its sheath. Tonight, this dagger would earn me my freedom. I was almost ready now. I could feel it. Soon, I would defeat the man that had taken my life from me. I would kill him without mercy or grace. I would watch him die and take pleasure in knowing I had achieved the ultimate freedom.

I frowned slightly. That was later. Tonight, I had to focus. Tonight only this prey mattered.

I couldn’t see them, but I could hear their footsteps now. They were taking no precautions, safe in their disguise. I would prove them wrong and it would cost my prey his life. I stepped forward towards the end of the alley. Suddenly, their footsteps stopped. Had they picked up on my presence? Perhaps the Hunter was not as distracted as I thought. It didn’t matter. He didn’t know I was here. I still had the element of surprise. My full concentration was on him, while he was dealing with shadows. He spoke and the other answered. It was enough for me to know their exact location, though I couldn’t make out their words.

I took another step and as I did, I flipped my dagger up to the throwing position. One more step and I would be in position. The Hunter was dead. I moved and saw him, standing almost on the other side of the street, arms at his side, and looking suspicious, but a wide open target. The second I laid eyes on him was the second I threw my dagger as well.

***

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily Nelson said...

Kristy, you're amazing. Kris following Zoe?! Pure genius!! That was almost funny reading it, I was on the verge of laughing hysterically through the whole thing! LOL, great job! Everything was great, from Kris's fear/determination to Aiden's assassin mindset to Tancred's fury. You handled it Perfectly! :) Great job! Yes! Can't wait for more!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Brittany Simmons said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You can't... you can't... leave it... th--*swoon*

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking (and I'm going to leave a similar comment on emily's) that the end of this cannot be good. You know the line from Harry Potter that says "neither can live while the other survives"? That's how I feel this is going. I don't see how both Aiden and Tancred can both survive this incredible clash of wills that is going on between the combined stories.
Where's chapter 20?

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home